Monday, August 16, 2010

The stench of failure is overwhelming. Or wait... did I wear deodorant today?

Okay so what I remember about the Melissa and Cheryl resin casting days, is that a) it was pretty easy and b) it smelled terrible.


What happens when I do it alone?

a) It's not even anywhere close to resembling easy, the crap is hardening up in 2 seconds or is like working with snot.

b) it still stinks. A lot.

So now my hands and fingernails are covered grossness and the $20 I invested in the process of casting is wasted. I still have some left, but after 3 attempts to get the right balance and working in the ridiculously hot garage, I'm done. And I"m not a happy crafter. :-(

I want to try to make the rings I prepared, but now I"m afraid that I have the stigma of failure surrounding me and it will touch everything I attempt to do.

So... notes to self-

1. You need to wear gloves when working with resin.

2. You need more acetone to wipe this junk off.

3. You need Melissa here to laugh at your failure with you.

4. Stop trying to force things and take a break. At worst, you'll fail again later, but you'll at least get a snack out of it.



2 comments:

  1. What a funny title for this blog post. I think you were very brave to try resin alone! I haven't had the courage to use it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aimee- I haven't given up on it yet though, I bought some more supplies and I"ll be giving it another go today. I'll be sure to post about how it goes!

    ReplyDelete