Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Christmas Swap I'm hosting!

I am hosting a Christmas stocking swap over on Swap Bot! - below is the swap as listed on that site- it's free to join and if I've swapped with you before (even if you have no swap bot rating) you can join!

Christmas Stocking Profile Specific


Swap Homepage: http://pookalakachicka.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-swap-im-hosting.html


Swap Coordinator: Sezouli (contact)


Swap categories: Accessories Bath & Body Seasonal

Location: Regional - US


Type: Type 3: Package or craft


Rating requirement: 4.90 (unrated swappers allowed)


Last day to signup/drop: November 15, 2011


Date items must be sent by: December 9, 2011


Number of swap partners: 1


Description:


I can't get enough of stockings and stuffers during Christmas! This swap is for a full size stocking (handmade or store bought) that you fill with items all relating to your (1) partner's profile. I realize that some people have somewhat skimpy profiles, and I will drop them from the swap if there's not enough info- just make sure to fill it in! I also know that some people (myself included) like LOTS of information so please send messages with additional questions and such to your partner if you'd like more info. These types of swaps usually take more time to do because you have to search for recipient-specific items, but I want to make sure that we can get these items in the post so they arrive in time for Christmas. Because of this and the cost of postage, this is a US only swap. Your stocking and items should fit and fill a medium flat rate USPS box (you don't have to use one, this is just a guideline) and cost $10 or so without postage. I know this is fairly inexpensive, but I think that with some creative purchasing/making we can all do a great job! Handmade items are welcome as long as your partner's profile doesn't state otherwise, and the same goes for thrift store items. The swap is only open to those with a 4.9 or above, with at least 5 type 3 swaps, and most newbies aren't allowed. (only if you have swapped and been rated before on another site like craftster) I know that's pretty harsh, but I've been flaked on many times and want to insure it doesn't happen to anyone!

I've joined some other swaps for Christmas on this site too! Here are some of the great ones I'm in:
Handmade Christmas Stocking Full of Goodies
Christmas Stocking Swap
Felt Christmas Decorations- Handmade
Christmas Flat Rate
Christmas Stocking in the Mail

If you're not a member of this, but you're into getting happy snail mail, I'd suggest it!  There are a lot of swaps, and for all kinds of tastes.  I would suggest that after a couple, you stick to the ones that have strict entry requirements so that theres a smaller chance of being flaked on. I've had that happen (once on Swap Bot and once on Craftster) and it really sucks!




No comments:

Post a Comment